For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is HR HRHISLOP.COM (ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING) LIMITED (the “Company”) of Sprays Farm Calstone, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 8QA.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- When you fill out a contact form, booking form or quote form on our website.
- When you call us to request a quote, request a callout, or enquire about our services.
- When you contact us through social media.
The types of information we collect
We collect the following personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you)
- We may record details about your property to assist us with providing a quote or to understand the nature of an issue you are having.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing written quotations and estimates.
- General communication with you about an enquiry, project, issue or complaint.
- If site / home visits are required, Company employees will be able to access your contact information in order for them to arrange and carry out a visit.
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a customer of our Company. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Updating you about the status or progress of a project
- Requesting information from you in order to fulfil our duties
- Payment reminders and notifications from accounts receivable and accounts payable
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Telephone: 01249 554750
Post: Sprays Farm, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 8QA
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
- Personal data collected by us may be shared by employees or subcontractors directly employed by the Company to fulfil our obligated duties.
How long your information is kept
We retain your personal data indefinitely for the following reasons:
- Work which has been completed must be recorded for future reference and to ensure we comply with any regulatory bodies.
- Quotes and estimates are valid for the length of time stated on the quote or estimate, however we may retain quotes and estimates for an indefinite period.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Automatic Collection of non-personal Information (Cookies, Log files and IP Addresses)
“Cookies” are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body which provides in-depth information about cookies. For further information, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the IAB website provides instructions on how to do so.
When you visit our Web Site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our Web Site and to collect broad demographic information for statistical use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Site. Session based information about your visit may also be stored automatically within your own browsing history using html-5 local storage.
Contact and complaints
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: 01249 554750
- or by post: Sprays Farm, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 8QA
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.