For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is:
HR HRHISLOP.COM (ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING) LTD. (the “Company”) of Unit 12, Glenmore Business Centre, Waller Road, Hopton Park Industrial Estate, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 2EQ
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways:
- Fill out a contact form, booking form or quote form on our website.
- Call us to request a quote, request a callout, or enquire about our services.
- Contact us through social media.
The types of information we collect
We collect the following personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information. This includes your contact details, telephone numbers and address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you)
- We may record details about your property. This will assist us with providing a quote or to understand the nature of an issue you are having.
How we use personal data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing written quotations and estimates.
- General communication with you about an enquiry, project, issue or complaint.
- Our employees will be able to access your information in order for them to arrange and carry out a visit.
We always respect your wishes as in what communications you want to receive and how you want to receive them. There are some communications that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences. This enables us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a customer of our Company. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Updating you about the status or progress of a project
- Requesting information from you in order to fulfil our duties
- Payment reminders and notifications from accounts receivable and accounts payable
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Telephone: 01249 554750
Post: Unit 12, Glenmore Business Centre, Waller Road, Hopton Park Industrial Estate, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 2EQ
Website Contact Form – www.hrhislop.com/contact-us/
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
- The Personal data collected by us. This may be shared by employees or subcontractors directly employed by the Company to fulfil our obligated duties.
How long your information is kept for
We retain your personal data indefinitely for the following reasons:
- The work completed. This needs to be recorded for future reference so we comply with any regulatory bodies.
- Any of our quotes and estimates. These are valid for the length of time stated, however we may keep quotes for an indefinite period.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete data where there is no reason for us continuing to process it. You can ask us to delete your data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Automatic Collection of non-personal Information (Cookies, Log files and IP Addresses)
“Cookies” are text files placed on your computer. These collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. Any information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body which provides in-depth information about cookies. For further information, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the IAB website provides instructions on how to do so.
When you visit our Web Site, we automatically log your IP address which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our Web Site and to collect broad demographic information for statistical use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Therefore, we may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers etc. You cannot be identified from this information. It is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Site. Session based information about your visit may also be stored automatically within your own browsing history using html-5 local storage.
Contact and complaints
If you have any queries regarding:
- Or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, you may contact the Office Manager.
You can do this via:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: 01249 554750
- or by post: Unit 12, Glenmore Business Centre, Waller Road, Hopton Park Industrial Estate, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 2EQ
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.