It’s the scariest time of the year! Halloween is just around the corner and everyone is getting into the spooky spirit. If you’ve already picked your pumpkin and bought a bunch of sweats and treats then you’re most likely in the mood to decorate!
Tips for staying safe:
- Inspect every electrical item before you start decorating and discard any that are damaged.
- When putting electrical decorations outside make sure they are suitable for outside use.
- Use a residual current device (RCD) with all outdoor electrical decorations.
- Make sure any electrical cords and extension leads can’t be tripped over, pulled or chewed by children or pets.
- Always used safety approved electrical decorations.
- Don’t overload your sockets! Use ESF’s socket calculator to make sure yours are safe!
If you are in any doubt with your electrics whether that be decorations or any other electrical issue in general, please give us a call! Sometimes all it takes is a 60 second phone call and your mind can be put at ease!
With our free virtual quotes still being offered we can give you a quicker turn around time on your quotes whilst reducing the amount of contact we have with you!
Have a good Halloween!